There are so many things I could say to explain why my Nutribullet is as central to my kitchen as my kettle, but in the interest of keeping this brief I have summarised its key features below.
The Nutribullet is termed a “nutrition extractor” – in plain English it’s like a juicer and a smoothie maker combined – BUT it’s better than that. All juicers and smoothie makers make great tasting drinks – so why is the Nutribullet better? Keep reading to find out why…
- Firstly, it’s compact – so you can just keep it on the kitchen counter all the time (if you’re like me, putting something away means you’ll fall out of the habit of using it).
- It’s easy to clean – there’s just the lid and the cup, both of which can go in the dishwasher…cleaning couldn’t be easier.
- There’s no waste – traditional juicers gather the pulp to be thrown away. Why would you want to throw away all that fibre?? Fibre is essential to good digestive health and most of us are not getting enough of it. The fibre stays in the drink with with Nutribullet
- They are filling – thanks to that fibre that’s not going in the bin.
- It’s powerful – the twin set of blades, combined with the high speed cyclonic action mean that it can pulverise its way through a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
- You add water (or another liquid) to it – that means that you are not consuming the high amounts of fruit sugar that are usually in fresh fruit juices.
- You can make a wide variety of drinks – you can even make your own protein shakes. Commercial protein shake powders are full of sweeteners and flavour enhancers. Use the Nutribullet for a healthier version where you get to control the ingredients.
- You’ll notice the benefits in your digestion, your skin and your mental alertness. There is also a weight loss programme outlined in their recipe book with great healthy recipes.
- You can follow recipes or just make what feels right – in our house our current favourite is spinach, watermelon and mint leaves. We had mint in the garden and wanted to use some up – it’s delicious and packed full of goodness. Use the recipes or get creative – either way your body will thank you for it.