Regulate your weight healthily and
Using biochemical data from a blood test and information from a health screening questionnaire you are given a personalised food plan based solely on you.
There are no meal replacements. There is no calorie counting. No supplements are required (though you may continue to use supplements at your own discretion).
The plan is based on real foods that will nourish your body and encourage weight loss.
Metabolic balance works because it is tailored to you individually. It is based on your own body chemistry and your own health profile.
The food plan is designed to give your body the nutrients that it needs to function properly. It will give your body a well needed rest from foods that may slowing it down and stopping it from working as well as it could.
The eating plan helps to stabilise your blood sugars and to reduce the amount of insulin released into your bloodstream. In plain English, you won’t experience sugar cravings and your body will stop storing extra calories as fat (insulin encourages the body to store excess calories from sugar and carbohydrate as fat).
The foundation of the programme is a blood test and a health questionnaire.
The results are used to develop an individual eating plan that is divided into four distinct phases. The programme comes with three months of coaching support.
- Phase 1 lasts for two days. This is designed to help the body to rest and to cleanse itself in preparation for phase 2.
- Phase 2 is a very structured part of the programme. It is a strict fourteen day period in which the eating plan must be followed exactly. Your body will receive the vital nutrients that it needs by eating natural wholesome foods. It may be challenging in the early day but you will receive support from me and you will quickly start to notice the benefits of a body that is being well nourished. Surprisingly for some, strenuous exercise is not advised during phase 2. Gentle exercising is fine
- Phase 3 introduces some more food choices into your eating plan. It is a more relaxed phase which can accommodate some treats whilst still working towards your weight loss and health goals. The aim of this phase is to assess the effects of different foods on your health and feeling of well being. This will help you to know which foods you can tolerate well and which foods are best avoided or only eaten on rare occasions.
- Towards the end of the three months of the programme you will move into Phase 4. This is the on-going maintenance phase. It is recommended that the core principles of the Metabolic balance® are incorporated into your everyday life to help you to continue to feel energetic and well.
By restoring nutritional balance you recreate your body’s natural equilibrium. Simultaneously, you promote a fitter, more energetic you, that is more able to manage the negative effects of the stresses and strains of modern day life. You will find that you sleep better and your physical and psychological well-being will improve. You will feel healthier, happier and more vibrant! You will shed body fat, without compromising your percentage of lean muscle tissue in the way that some weight loss programmes do.
In addition to weight loss, the metabolic balance® programme is associated with improvements in the following:
- Food cravings
- Migraines and headaches
- Blood sugar regulation
- High blood pressure
- Raised cholesterol
- Rheumatic/Arthritic conditions
- Poor digestion
- Poor performance and lack of drive
- PMS symptoms
- Insomnia and poor sleep
The metabolic balance® programme is not suitable in the following circumstances: pregnancy, breast feeding, persons following a vegan diet and for people with renal disease.
The metabolic balance® programme is not intended to be a replacement for the usual care provided by your medical practitioner(s) in relation to any existing or potential medical conditions and treatments.
Wellness Medical Award, 2009; Howard Health Award, 2011.